Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturdays are for Stories

Class Action Lawsuit

After much deliberation I have come to the conclusion that I need to seek some restitution from McDonald’s. I have tried to ignore the issues for some time now, figuring that McDonald’s would wise up eventually. After the multi-million dollar lawsuit against them for not putting a warning on their coffee cups I was sure they were going to take a step back and reevaluate their entire operation and make all necessary changes. This has not been the case.

This lawsuit is more for others than me. I plan on bringing a lawsuit for all people across the globe who have purchased a happy meal from McDonald's but have not received what was promised. Its false advertisement. More than once – one a dreary day when I was in a sour mood I have pulled up in the drive-thru looking for a little dose of happiness for my life. I eat the meal, play with the toy and still no happiness. What’s going on here!

Its not just me – I’ve tried it on the kids too, especially when they’re really cranky. It’s been mixed results. All this brings me back to the lawsuit – it is time that McDonald’s quits claiming they have a market on happiness, when it is clear that they certainly do not. Now this lawsuit is going to cost me a pretty penny up front, but I’m willing to take the hit for all the unnamed searching souls who were lured into McDonald's with promises of untold joy only to be sucked into the mires of misery while money was siphoned out of their pocket.

Feel free to contact me to support this cause – in order to help offset the costs. Recommended donation – the cost of a happy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment